CHICAGO - February 1, 2010 -
The PA241W continues the MultiSync 90 Series' tradition of delivering crisp, accurate images while adding improved color coverage, sleeker industrial design and enhanced connectivity. The display features 102% coverage of NTSC and 99.3% of Adobe® RGB, an increase from 72% in the MultiSync LCD2490WUXi². With a 38% smaller footprint size, the display provides users with more desktop space and decrease costs in shipping and storage. Improved cable management enables simpler setup of the monitor, while its new 10-bit DisplayPort and USB hub add to an already diverse set of input connectors.
"NEC's MultiSync PA Series is a flagship desktop monitor family that carries market leadership in the color, medical and professional industries," said Art Marshall, Product Manager at NEC Display Solutions. "The MultiSync PA241W, the first model in this series, focuses on both workflow productivity and color accuracy, with the aim to improve upon the success of the MultiSync 90 Series. Users that require a reliable display for color precision will want to take advantage of the sophisticated technologies used in the MultiSync PA Series, starting with the PA241W."
Below is a partial list of features included in the MultiSync PA241W:
- 1920 x 1200 native resolution in 16:10 aspect ratio
- 10-bit IPS LCD panel with 14-bit lookup table, which increases color depth to more than one billion possible colors
- 360 cd/m² brightness
- 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 102% coverage of NTSC and 99.3% coverage of Adobe RGB
- Improved connectivity with 10-bit DisplayPort, DVI-D with HDCP and USB hub
- Improved cable management and smaller stand size
- Ergonomic stand with tilt, swivel, height-adjust and pivot
- DisplaySync Pro, which controls two computers with only one keyboard and mouse
- 3D lookup table, which enables accurate representation of hard-to-match color spaces
- ICC profile emulation, which loads ICC color profiles to accurately support manufacturer color spaces
- Color Vision Emulation, which allows a quick preview of colors that emulate color vision problems
- Ambient light sensor and automatic backlight adjustment for use in any lighting condition
- Carbon footprint meter, which allows users to easily track carbon savings
The MultiSync PA241W is available for shipment with an estimated street price of $1,079 and ships with a 4-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight. Additional models in the MultiSync PA Series will be announced throughout 2010, including models with the award-winning SpectraViewIITM Color Calibration Solution.