ViewSonic Corp.®, a leading global provider of display solutions, announces its collaboration with Claremont Graduate University (CGU) to create the school’s first Advanced Learning Environment. The next-generation Advanced Learning Environment is equipped with technology from the ViewSonic portfolio of education solutions including the award-winning ViewBoard® interactive digital whiteboards and myViewBoard® collaboration software, as well as laser projectors and ePoster digital kiosks.
To celebrate the new Advanced Learning Environment, CGU hosted a special ribbon-cutting ceremony to commemorate the new learning space. Ceremony attendees included CGU President, Len Jessup; ViewSonic founder, James Chu; and ViewSonic chief technology officer, Craig Scott.
Located on the first floor of the Academic Computing Building, home of CGU’s pioneering Center for Information Systems & Technology, the new Advanced Learning Environment is specially designed to be a modern immersive learning environment that drives engagement, enhances learning and helps students develop skills for successful future careers.
“The traditional passive model of classroom learning is shifting to something much more interactive, and every university needs a space like this,” states CGU President, Len Jessup. “We are grateful to ViewSonic for their special commitment and support of the educational needs of our students. As a leader in interactive display technology, ViewSonic will change the way many of our students experience learning at CGU.”
CGU’s new Advanced Learning Environment features:
• ViewSonic 86-inch ViewBoard® interactive digital whiteboard
• Four ViewSonic 75-inch ViewBoard® interactive digital whiteboards
• Every ViewBoard® display comes equipped with myViewBoardÔ collaboration software – a cutting-edge digital ecosystem in which educators can drive student-centered learning by building dynamic lesson plans, importing engaging content, and sharing lessons with students – all with a simple click from the ViewBoard® display
• All ViewBoard® displays are equipped with mobile trolleys so that they can be easily moved around the space to support learning and engagement in student “huddle groups”
• ViewSonic 55-inch touch screen ePoster; and two Full HD ultra-short throw laser projectors
The Advanced Learning Environment challenges traditional classroom layouts. This room uses technology and an open-floor layout to boost interactivity among small groups as well as facilitate discussions between on- and off-site participants for group work, meetings, and classroom discussions.
“ViewSonic is proud to be a part of this distinctive move as CGU advances its campus with its new Advanced Learning Environment that will provide students and teachers with an immersive learning environment,” affirms ViewSonic founder, James Chu. “As the trend for reliable, secure next-generation education technology becomes less of a want and more of a need on K-12 and higher education campuses, ViewSonic is committed to working with educators to transition into and succeed in tomorrow’s technological world.”
ViewSonic delivers campus-wide display solutions. From collaboration hubs to front-facing teaching solutions in large lecture halls, to cutting-edge monitors for esports teams, ViewSonic delivers what is needed for immersive learning environments throughout entire campuses including: digital displays, interactive displays, video walls, projectors, esports and classroom monitors.