Updated ControlKom Mass Communication System Now Available from Atlas Sound
PHOENIX, AZ – Atlas Sound is pleased to announce a completely new version of its popular ControlKom Mass Communication System with ControlKom v2.0.
“This is a full revision,” said Steve Young, VP of Sales and Marketing for Atlas Sound. “With new mission critical enhancements and added features where the system needed it most, the easy-to-use, reliable, network communication system of ControlKom has gotten even better.”
Like its predecessor, ControlKom v2.0 incorporates solutions for the task of managing campus messaging, bell scheduling, security, synchronizing clocks, intercom/paging, and much more. It offers a comprehensive IP-based paging system control with SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) compatibility allowing for integration with almost any existing phone system. With this technology, users can simultaneously send an audio stream and/or text message to IP loudspeakers, computer screens, and overhead paging systems, all with speed, confidence, ease-of-use, and reduced operating costs.
The new v2.0 of ControlKom has enhanced many of these features, and added many new ones, to simplify and improve any communication system requirements. Atlas Sound will release new IP endpoints and updated software to address the needs of contractors and end users.
- Full Duplex Intercom – In deployment where VoIP phones are not installed, adding the ability for 2-way communication with classrooms and other zone endpoints is crucial. ControlKom v2.0 includes advanced intercom functions for full duplex communication between phones and IP Speakers.
- Background Music – BGM applications are traditionally included in some analog solutions; but this feature has been largely ignored in comprehensive networked systems. ControlKom v2.0 includes local inputs via paging relays for simple applications like playing the National Anthem or more complex full BGM uses.
- Unicast over WAN, Multicast over LAN – Smaller school districts cannot always support Multicast over their Wide Area Networks. ControlKom v2.0 allows for Unicast over WAN with Multicast over LAN for these new opportunities
- Emergency Call Buttons – While integrated features have been included to report emergency conditions in the past, new separate contact closure assignment capabilities in ControlKom v2.0 allow for a dedicated emergency trigger in addition to the standard call button
- Message Priority – ControlKom v2.0 allows emergency messages priority over non-emergency pages, messages, and bells.
“We are very excited about the new ControlKom,” continues Young, “because it addresses the needs of the industry and delivers on its promises. In addition to these directly improved features, ControlKom v2.0 is now more flexible for integration into existing systems.
ControlKom v2.0 will be available in late Q2 2011, only through authorized Atlas Sound dealers nationwide.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you